Join now

Documentary Screening on December 12 (Paris)

Screening of new documentary film "I Remember Better When I Paint". If you know of anyone who has family members who have Alzheimer's, encourage them to see the film. I saw it at another screening and found it inspirational, and want to help spread the word:

Info:
Saturday, December 12 at 15h
AUP, Protected content Bosquet, Protected content
Space limited. RSVP to Protected content

Here is the description of the film:
I Remember Better When I Paint is an international documentary featuring Rita Hayworth’s daughter, Yasmin Aga Khan, president of Alzheimer Disease International. The film reviews the latest technology in treating Alzheimer’s disease and focuses on the positive results received from patients that paint.

This new documentary shows for the first time how the creative arts can change the quality of life for people with Alzheimer’s. Filming was done in many parts of North America and Europe showing Alzheimer’s patients focusing and reconnecting as they paint at their homes and care facilities, visit the Louvre in Paris, the Art Institute in Chicago and the Phillips Collection in Washington DC.

The documentary also interviews renowned neurologists who explain how creative activities engage areas of the brain that are not damaged or less damaged by the disease and thus help reawaken a sense of personality, identity and dignity.

The film gives new hope to families, caregivers and people in general.

Paris Forum

Our Global Partners