Join now

Eating with Locals! (Paris)

Hey y'all!
My name is Lena and I am a 20 year old expat coming from Austin, Texas. I have been meeting new people around each new road I encounter and don’t take these new experiences for granted.

One of my favorite ways to soak in as much of the culture as possible is to try and meet locals in the area. Although, as I’m sure you know, it can be quite challenging. I am emailing you in regards of a fun new idea that I got to experience with the locals and over nothing better than their own, home-cooked food! It’s a website platform called Cookening that allows foreigners to cook and share a meal with you in their home.

I ended up meeting the young French entrepreneurs who are building the site and fell even more in love with the concept after getting the chance to attend a few of these meals. Because it’s still a private community, it’s accessible by invitation only which I want to share with my fellow expats if they’re interested!

Below is the link if you’d like to check it out-

Protected content

If we want, we can even host meals and bring our own culture to these locals at our table! I think I’ll be making Tex-Mex:)

Let me know what you think. Maybe we can all plan a meal together at someone’s place!

Enjoy your day,
Lena Westerfeld
Austin, Texas

Paris Forum

Our Global Partners