Relationship Manage. PayPal France, Paris
PayPal operates a dynamic business in Europe that addresses the payment needs of both merchants and consumers. With over Protected content users worldwide,PayPal is rapidly becoming the preferred method of making and accepting online payments on eBay websites in the region and on tens of thousands of merchant websites.
You will work as part of the Merchant Services team. This team is focused on developing PayPal acceptance with French e-merchants, thus maximising PayPal’s market share in France. With your energy, motivation and ability to innovate and identify new opportunities, you will make a significant contribution to the growth of Merchant Services France.
You will be in charge of a portfolio of key business accounts and ensure their retention and growth whilst building lasting and profitable relationships and developing an in-depth understanding of their business model and objectives. You will position yourself as an expert of the e-commerce and PayPal solutions, deliver best-in-class service levels with the support of Dublin-based operational account managers, and negotiate mutually beneficial commercial and marketing agreements.
You will operate within a very dynamic and challenging team environment and will have to demonstrate your ability to interact with various internal and external stakeholders with their own goals. You will report to the Head of Relationship Management France.
The objectives of the role are :
Primary Job Responsibilities :
Management and development of a portfolio of Key Accounts Protected content
• Retention and development of a portfolio of approx. 15 Key Merchant Accounts:
• Retention and problem-solving: fraud, risk, operational issues, bad perception of the value delivered by PayPal
• Business development: PayPal's market share increase with a deeper client relationship, the optimization PayPal's integration on new merchant sites and the launch of new innovative payment solutions with the Merchants, the increase of PayPal share of business in the Client's group, and efficient marketing campaigns
• Commercial negotiations including Merchant fees
• Cross-functional project management with various teams including Sales, Legal, Risk, Fraud, Marketing, Finance and Product in order to define actionable and customized solutions to meet Merchants needs
Reporting, analysis and enhancement of PayPal value proposition (25%)
• Monitoring of PayPal's turnover in the portfolio: analysis of the impact of PayPal's integration mode, marketing campaigns, seasonality and risk profiles, and monitorign of the portfolio's performance against targets
• Regular business reviews with Merchants
• Development of best practices in terms of marketing, ergonomy, fraud and risk management in a cross-functional project mode
• At least 5 years of work experience, with a successful B2B sales/key account management experience
• Genuine interest for e-commerce and payments
• Understanding of PayPal value proposition
• Fluent French and English
• Sense of humor and team spirit
• Business school
Basic qualifications and Personal Requirements
• Very good communication and relationship management skills, proven negotiation skills and flexibility
• Leadership, autonomy, tenacity and ability to manage cross-functional projects with various internal stakeholders spread globally, and with demanding external stakeholders (including Client's Top General, Commercial, Marketing and Finance Management)
• Resilience, problem-solving, ability to conduct change
• Analytical skills and pragmatism: ability to understand the long-term objectives of PayPal and Partners/ Clients, while driving for short-term results
• Excellent intellectual, analytical rigor and quantitative analysis capabilities; solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset being able to think outside the box.
• Ability to interact in many-way communications (email, chat, conference calls) and convey messages both verbally and in written communications.
• Excellent customer communication and presentation skills; being able to transmit message to its audience.
• Very organized, self-starter, results- and quality-oriented.
• Quick learner, capable of understanding the intricacies of a complex product in a complex industry.
• An excellent team player with great interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills.
• Able to build and maintain cross-cultural working relationships and networks.
• Pleasant and fun, easy going with a great sense of humor and passion for results.
Contact : Mouhani DIENG, H Manager, Protected content