Sales Engineer, PayPal France, Paris
PayPal operates a dynamic business in Europe that addresses the payment needs of both merchants and consumers. With over Protected content users worldwide,PayPal is rapidly becoming the preferred method of making and accepting online payments on eBay websites in the region and on tens of thousands of merchant websites.
Working with PayPal teams in Europe and the US, the Sales Engineer will support the Large Merchant Sales teams in France, Netherlands and in other European countries to acquire new customers for PayPal’s online payments products and services for large merchants or channel partners.
He/She will ensure a smooth roll-out of new PayPal implementations on merchant sites and relentlessly improving the end consumer experience of payment products integrated on major eCommerce sites and through new product solutions development.
The objectives of the role are:
1. Support Sales team to sell PayPal’s products to major merchants and channel partners in the local markets
• Drive the integration of PayPal’s products into merchants and distribution partners online business.
• Be the primary contact person for representatives of large merchants / distribution partners throughout the integration process.
• Being involved from early phase of the sales process until the initial monitoring of post-sales performance.
• Specific responsibilities include:
a. Run technical presentations, demos of functionalities and sample integrations to support sales process.
b. Work with merchants to modify existing workflows in finance, customer service, network operations, etc.
c. Work with sales, account management, and relationship managers to provide a seamless integration experience for the merchant or channel partner.
d. Create, modify, and install relevant scripts for partners and customers.
e. Run test scenarios and QA testing for customer integrations.
f. Track initial merchant performance after live-to-site launches for tracking engagement success.
2. Help to improve execution of merchant service processes, which includes follow-up of operational issues identified at the Customer Operations Center (Dublin).
• Constantly remain in contact with Integration specialists in Dublin and other Sales Engineers in Europe in order to share workload and know how
3. Contribute to the localization of specific features and products
• Constantly suggest to PMs product concepts to answer business needs identified to maximize ROI of global merchant service products and to optimize products for Italian market needs.
• Follow up and evaluate product performance and develop post-launch feature alignments and optimization recommendations.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science or equivalent with record of academic achievement.
• 3+ years of experience in sales engineering or technical sales in a project-type environment, preferably in a US tech / web company or in the Web consulting business.
• Good experience with Web-based software development technologies (PHP, ASP.NET, Java etc.) and Web architectures required.
• Experience working with e-commerce companies and/ or payment gateways or service providers.
• Able to sell products through engagement process, strong focused on customers’ needs.
• Exceptional project management, multi-tasking and follow-through capabilities on cross functional and multi-national teams.
• Knowledge of payments and eCommerce sector.
• Ca. 20% Travel required.
• Driving license preferred.
• Be completely fluent in Dutch, French AND English. Other language skills considered a strong plus
• Excellent intellectual, analytical rigor and quantitative analysis capabilities; solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset being able to think outside the box.
• Ability to interact in many-way communications (email, chat, conference calls) and convey messages both verbally and in written communications.
• Excellent customer communication and presentation skills; being able to transmit message to its audience.
• Very organized, self-starter, results- and quality-oriented.
• Quick learner, capable of understanding the intricacies of a complex product in a complex industry.
• An excellent team player with great interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills.
• Able to build and maintain cross-cultural working relationships and networks.
• Pleasant and fun, easy going with a great sense of humor and passion for results.
Contact : Mouhani DIENG, HR Manager, Protected content