Join now

Vaccination Certificate from Non-EU country (Paris)

Hi Everybody,

So grateful to be part of this group.

My wife and I recently moved from India to France.

We were vaccinated with both the doses of COVISHIELD (Astrazeneca) in India.

Unfortunately, this cannot be used as a 'pass sanitaire' (Health Pass) in France as it is not in the european format.

We are unable to gain access to restaurants, theatres, pools, etc.
We even showed the COVISHIELD QR code but it was not recognized by the QR code scanner at the entry of restaurants.
I called the COVID Helpline number ( Protected content ) regarding this and they mentioned that although there was a procedure in place for french people vaccinated in non-eu countries, there is currently no procedure for non-european expats who have recently arrived in France to convert their foreign vaccination certificates into a recognizable french format for the health pass.

They then suggested that I follow the procedure for non-eu tourists according to this link.

Protected content

We followed the procedure - which basically involves submitting your foreign vaccination certificate to the following address : < Protected content along with supporting documents. Upon submission, we receive the following message :

"Please note: We are currently receiving a large number of requests. We regret to inform you that we cannot process them all. "

We have not received a response since.

We then checked the India Embassy in Paris, and they had put a system in place for new student arrivals in France.

Protected content

Although we were not students, we sent our application to the following email address : Protected content

We have not received a reply here as well.

Any advice on how we should proceed?

Paris Forum

Our Global Partners