Join now

Introduce myself (Perth)

Views

Hi everybody,

I just joined this group and so i would like to introduce myself:

I'm Alex, 28 years old and mainly experienced in the diesel /automotive industry.
Together with my Polish girlfriend we've moved over to Perth last Feb and I'm currently in the application for the "new" Protected content , so things are looking good.
Now the tricky bit, since getting here we've established a friendship with only Protected content . Oh, how I yearn to talk about engines with someone! :-P

Is there anybody that is also into combustion engines and all the technical related stuff? I'm not an expert, so it will definitely not be a competition for "who knows the most", i just wish to learn more.

I'm also into outdoor activities, it's been a long time since I've camped, but cycling or even just sight-seeing is always fun.

Ah, there is one thing that's bugging me, the online tax application "E-tax". I'm trying to do it myself, but I don't know what the tricks are, can you demand a tax deduction on km's traveled to and from work? If not the entire year in AU, can you be exempt from part of the Medicare levy? And is there a difference when on a WHV from Belgium (somewhere it's written that there's a special deal with Belgium, but I do not know the ramifications)

Anyway, I'm glad to be here: Perth is a wonderful place, the nature is unlike anything else I've seen and the spices (tea tree) are so intense! Definitely a place i could call home ;-)

Perth Forum

Our Global Partners