August Double Art Workshops (Phnom Penh)
PP Community College - August Double Art Workshops: ‘Still Life’ & ‘Figure Drawing’
For those budding artists out there in the Penh, we have a treat for you on Saturday August 24. You better get in quick for our double drawing workshop to be run by experienced artist France Damon.
PART ONE: THE STILL LIFE - With a Cambodian Theme
In the morning session participants will explore the genre of The Still Life:
• The workshop will start with a concise exploration of the history of the Still Life including Drawing and Painting from the tombs of Egypt to contemporary conceptual work.
• Our Facilitator will present a technical demonstration of the formal elements of design as it applies to the Still Life: including composition and light with brief exercises.
• Participants will draw their own pictures from two set-ups: one with limited palate of Khmer artifacts and one with a full palate of local fruit.
• The last part of the workshop will include a sharing of work with a positive class critique.
PART TWO: FIGURE DRAWING
In the afternoon session participants will explore the genre of Figure Drawing:
• This workshop will start with an exploration and discussion of the tradition of figure drawing and painting.
• The next session will include a technical demonstration of the formal elements of “how to draw the human figure”: proportions, mechanics, movement etc.
• Participants will then create their own figure drawing with a live model: gesture drawings and studies.
• The workshop will end with a positive class critique.
Phnom Penh Community College is located in the heart of BKK1 at The Capacity Specialists Training Centre (Cnr Streets 63 & 294, entrance on Street Protected content .
The workshops will be held on Saturday 24 August, 9am – 12.30pm (The Still Life) and 1.30pm – 5pm (Figure Drawing). US$35 for each workshop including materials. US$60 per person for both, or bring a friend and pay US$50 each
For more information about this workshop and future workshops, please visit and like our Facebook page - Protected content or email us at Protected content