Phnom Penh Community College – December Double Art Workshop: ‘Beyond the Self’ and ‘Figure Drawing’
Once again we are running workshops from the very much admired France Damon.
In the morning workshop we will explore the history and possibilities of the Self Portrait and create representational and/or conceptual drawings that confront not only our external reflection but, hopefully, an inner reflection as well. The workshop will include:
• A brief intro to the history of the Self Portrait and a look at the recent exhibition “Beyond the Self: Contemporary Self-Portraiture from Asia” at the National Portrait Gallery in Australia.
• A demonstration on drawing the face, figure & composition and an introduction to various drawing media (ink, pencil, charcoal, pastel)
• Draw and create a self-image using smart phone images, photographs, projected images (bring a flash drive) or mirrors
• An informal, positive class critique.
In the afternoon workshop we will explore the genre of Figure Drawing including:
• A survey and discussion of the tradition of figure drawing and painting.
• A demonstration of the formal elements of “how to draw the human figure”: proportions, mechanics, movement etc.
• Figure drawing workshop with a live model where we will practice short gesture drawings and some longer studies
• Finally we will have a positive class critique.
You can attend one or both of these workshops.
Phnom Penh Community College is located in the heart of BKK1 at The Capacity Specialists Training Centre (Cnr Streets 63 & 294, entrance on Street Protected content .
The workshops will be held on Saturday 14 December. 9am – 12.30pm (Beyond the Self) and 1.30pm – 5pm (Figure Drawing). US$35 for each workshop including materials. US$60 per person for both, or bring a friend and pay only US$50 each.
For more details visit our Blog: Protected content
Facebook page: Protected content or email us at: Protected content