Join now

Mental health service for expats (Phnom Penh)

Hi All,
I am based in the UK but visited PP in Protected content a view to moving and living in PP with my family, unfortunately my wife has been taken ill so our move is delayed.
While visiting I noticed there was a lack of mental health support for expats (as well as local people) there still appears to be a lot of stigma around the subject.
Currently there is a growing problem of mental health issues across the UK and world.
I am running a pioneering service in the UK with great results and am hoping to do the same in PP my service teaches my own self help strategies and builds individual mental resilience.
I have also developed some effective preventative strategies for clients. I believe that my approach could really help expats and locals in Cambodia; I also have an online option which makes services easily accessible. My proven techniques show over 8 sessions there is an average 30% mental well being increase (using the recognised WEMWEB well being scale)
As my move is delayed I am aiming to launch the online option for expat support in PP first, I will be running videos group sessions and 1 to 1 support through SKYPE, Google & webinar.
I would be interested in any views or ideas people may have on the subject.

Phnom Penh Forum

Our Global Partners