Join now

Driftwood Hobbist. (Phuket)

Dear All
I have a small workshop and “Gallery” at the rear of my bar, Jimmy’s DRIFT INN, (between soys 12 & Protected content Yuan, Rawai and I would like to start a likeminded group interested in creating “Driftwood Art” and small furnishings.
The proposed group would collect and clean driftwood and salvaged wood to create all sorts of “stuff” examples of which can be seen at the Drift Inn or please visit my Pinterest site:- Protected content .
Initially, I propose meeting once or twice a week, “flexible”, to collectively collect driftwood (need tide chart) and swap ideas on what to do with it as we collect. (Other scrap wood welcome) Meeting at The Drift Inn, later where I have a small workshop – with tools which can be used “at your own risk” with the group’s “amateur” assistance and advice being available for smaller groups of 2 or 3 as they start working on their personal projects in the workshop.
There are “no charges” for using any of the equipment, but participants will be expected to replace expendable things like sandpaper, paints, blades, etc.
This group should suit individuals who like beachcombing have a bit of an imagination and feel there is something “in there” they, with friendly support, could “make” for their own satisfaction, as I was amazed at what I was capable off when I started working on my own.
Please come and see me if anything I have written stirs any latent talents’ or even just gives you an urge to try.
I propose we have our first meeting at the Drift Inn on Monday the 1st Oct. at 2pm to arrange beachcombing and collecting materials, meeting again on Wednesday and Friday afternoons (all very flexible) to work on personal projects.
Any advice or suggestions on getting started would be appreciated.
Best regards,
Jimmy Stewart
Jimmy’s Drift Inn, 84/41 Sai Yuan, Rawai. (between soys 12 &13) mobile Protected content

Phuket Forum

Our Global Partners