Join now

Moved to Porto, time to make it official!

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this has come up before, I'm sure it has... But equally everybody's circumstances are slightly different, so I thought it best to start a new thread.

I am from the UK, but wish to officially relocate to Porto

My (Portuguese national) partner moved to Porto in July Protected content . As I had work commitments in the UK, I have been traveling back and forth between the 2 countries, some weeks in Porto, some weeks in the UK etc

I have now decided that I want to relocate here.

I am physically already here!

We already rent property here, so I have somewhere to live

Being a UK citizen (by birth) my understanding is that it's a 'fairly simple' process to live here in Portugal.

I understand that being from the UK doesn't qualify me for Portuguese citizenship, only residency - but equally I understand that I can't just live here and not officially tell anyone :)

I have googled this! But it's all a little confusing...

I THINK I need to arrange residence, not citizenship...?

I have found this website

Protected content

Would one of you please be kind enough to tell me which form I need to fill in?

Do I need a resident VISA or a residence Permit?

And also where I need to take the completed form? In case my dwelling location is relevant.. We live in Senhora de Hora (which is technically Matasinhos, I think..)

Can anyone please provide any advice or guidance on this?

Perhaps there is a professional body/agent that can arrange all of this for me, and charge a SMALL fee?

I also want to take Portuguese lessons, but I'll start a new thread for that as not to converge 2 separate subjects

Thanks in advance
Adam

Porto Forum

Our Global Partners