Join now

A Perfect Prague Plan

Views

Hello everyone, my name is John and I'm new to the forum.

Although I haven't so much as ever visited the Czech Republic, I have put some thought into a long-term living situation, and so far it's ticking a lot of boxes for me.

To that end, I'm over-planning to try and make something like this work as flawlessly as imaginable. Ergo, within Protected content , I need to:

a. ...learn Czech (duh!).
b. ...save Protected content Kr to relocate, short term rent/survive, and eventually at least put a down payment on some property.
c. ...get job that's high in demand and capable of supporting a family (ideally, my partner is also working, but just in case).

The last point is still murky. I teach EFL now, so I imagine that could be a foot in the door, but I see something like IT as overall a better career that doesn't have too many obstacles. I figure I can at least get real, valuable credentials (e.g. A+) online and volunteer to build experience if side jobs or transitioning aren't possible before relocation.

Anyway, I came here hoping someone might be able to poke holes in my plan and give me the real story. I'm not saying I'm a masochist, but I welcome any criticism!

Prague Forum

Our Global Partners