Join now

Considering a move from USA to Prague...

Hi, my husband and I are beginning to research our options for living abroad, and we’re very interested in Prague. We’re seeking information about the following questions. Of course, we’ve done a lot of Internet searching, but it’s hard to find reliable information.

- He’s a senior software developer (Java, web services, and a number of other programs). He’s worked on health care software here in the U.S. for the past decade. What is the job market like for this type of work, and would he have a prayer of getting hired from the U.S.? He does not speak Czech but would learn, gradually.
- I’m a freelance writer and instructional designer with U.S. clients. How easy/hard would it be to keep my business after moving?
- Can anyone recommend a lawyer, accountant, or similar professional who could give us definitive answers to these questions and help us if we decide to move?
- Is there anything else we should know? We’ve studied up on taxation, cost of living, culture…but we always welcome advice!

Thank you!

Prague Forum

Our Global Partners