Join now

Graphic Design / Mac Operator (Prague)

My wife, who is from the Czech Republic, and I have recently relocated to the Czech Republic and I was looking to get into a position of Graphic Designer / Mac Operator with a company / studio in Prague and thought now would be a good time to start looking. During the time I have been here I have been granted 5 year temporary residency permit, which now allows me to work here, I received my Blue Card a week ago and have been advised that I can apply for permanent residency in two years.

Having worked in the graphic design industry, be it at a studio, printing company and reprographics house, for the best part of 18 years, and have also branched out on my own and started to do a bit of freelance work, I feel I have gained valuable experience in design advertising and marketing material including brochures, logo design, posters advertisments, product packaging, website design, booklets and the like. Working in these different areas has also allowed me to become proficient with the industry-standard software including Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesgin and Acrobat with a moderate knowledge of Dreamwearver and Flash) as well as Artpro, Quark and Apple OSX and iOS. I also have a working knowledge of preflighting files, prepress and the offset print process.

I take great pride in the design work that I create and always strive to deliver an effective, focused and on-target product that will fit the clients needs and goals. Being able to work in a collaborative team environment or individually I feel that I am a creative, reliable and hard-working designer who can work well with clients and consider myself to be a strong communicator, presenter and listener. My career goals are to continue to learn and grow as a graphic designer / photo retoucher while utilising my creativity, knowledge, education and people skills to benefit my employer.

If you would like a copy of my CV in PDF format please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Andrew Christie