The CEE Project Engineer provides ongoing support for the EU capacity expansion projects. The position is a member of the EU operations engineering team, which is responsible for designing, building, and improving the order fulfillment infrastructure throughout Company’s European network. The successful candidate will be a natural self-starter possessing the:
· Ability to design, specify and layout complex MHE systems for fulfillment centers.
· Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to provide leadership and technical guidance to field personnel – Experience in Lean Manufacturing, six sigma and/or Toyota Manufacturing System.
· Ability to financially justify and deliver complex solutions to capacity restraints.
· Ability to be able to switch from a ‘strategic view’ to a ‘hands on’ approach.
Ability to lead, multi faceted projects involving multiple disciplines in a fast paced
· Lead and coordinate design efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions for company's EU order fulfillment network, including equipment specifications and Fulfillment Centre layouts.
· Main point of contact between the Engineering group and company’s supply chain team, transferring space requirements into layouts and equipment lists for each EU FC..
· Capital project management to include - Creation of conceptual drawings, equipment specifications and bid documentation to facilitate a competitive bid environment
· Provide frequent on-site monitoring and enforcement of installation schedules and vendor quality with MHE vendors/subcontractors.
· Inspect prospective and completed facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures, ensuring proper follow-up on snagging lists and warranty work
· Provide leadership and coordination between internal departments and MHE vendors for multiple installation sites.
· Develop and manage budget and contract documents including RFPs, change order controls, purchase orders, and invoicing
· Coordinate with local site management to ensure proper operator training, procedural compliance, maintenance practices are followed for new and existing MHE equipment
· Creating, submitting and tracking the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
· Work very closely with the EU Real Estate, IT and Process teams together with the software and Operations Integration teams to ensure on time project delivery.
· Understand the Operational process in detail, including the all the relevant WMS tools used on a daily basis.
· B.S. Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
· Recognized expertise on equipment design and layout of mechanical handling/conveyance/packaging systems.
· Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects. - In-depth knowledge of standard industry practices including Lean Manufacturing.
· Ability to travel to installation sites throughout EU
· Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, and related software
· Fluency in English required + Fluency in Czech and/or Polish will be an asset
CONTACT ME IF INTERESTED :) I will share with you the details!