We are looking for a Senior Global Commodity Manager with strong technical castings and machining expertise, to manage a global supplier base covering Europe, Asia and America.
The main objective of the role is developing, executing and maintaining a comprehensive global commodity strategy, to support all of the Lines of Business. The portfolio of products is very broad – this is a high mix and low volume environment (selling higher margin products and integrated solutions).
Reporting into the Global Commodity Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for leading global initiatives across suppliers and internal company sites. Whilst this role has no direct line reports into it, you will lead virtual teams of cross functional contributors (purchasing, quality, operations, technology), spanning multiple geographic regions.
• A significant portion of your time will be spent attending and leading conference calls, with multi-functional and multi-national attendees. Flexibility in working hours is required to accommodate the time zone differences.
• Coordinating and project managing cross-functional global resources, to drive supply initiatives.
• Drafted in to support the functions with issue resolution when problems/crisis occurs.
• Role requires up to 25% travel across, predominantly across Europe with occasional international travel.
• Meet annual goals including: supplier strategy, productivity/cost-reduction, lead-time reductions, consignment/Kan-ban implementation, working capital improvement, supplier quality, etc.
• Carving out commodity strategies (with cross-functional input)
• Executive level communications (email, summaries, presentations) to leadership.
• Extracting and analysing information from various systems and Microsoft Excel.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor's degree.
• A track record of managing castings commodities across the full product life-cycle, and related supply management experience gained in Europe and other regions.
• Demonstrable experience in Strategic Global Sourcing.
• Proven track record of leading teams of geographically dispersed individuals.
• Ability to work with, manage and influence all levels of Leadership.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly analytical mindset, with ability to extract information.
Workplace: Czech republic
If interested, please apply via JobMaster at Protected content