Join now

PIO Card for my wife (Pune)

Hi,
My wife is A Russian citizen and has applied for a PIO card at the Indian Embassy in Moscow. She had visited India from May to July Protected content , and I had registered her at the Foreign Office at Pune, for her duration of stay. We were given to understand that a PIO application from the Indian Embassy in Moscow takes just a week or so to get processed. However, there has been no response from the Indian Embassy at Moscow with regards to the status of her PIO card. On enquiry, we were informed that the Indian Embassy at Moscow has already forwarded the Pune Foreign Office, details of the PIO card request, and that the delay was primarily from the Pune Foreign Office. It ssems that the Pune Foreign Office has to send some sort of "Clearance Certificate" to the Indian Embassy at Moscow. Related to this, I have the following queries:

1.) Could anyone advise me as to what is this certificate and how long will it take to issue the same by the Pune Foreign Office?

2.) Is this the same as the 'Police Clearance Certificate" which is issued when a foreigner visits India?

3) Should I have to submit any documents to get this "Clearance Certificate"?

Anyone who has applied for a PIO card abroad or has had any such experience, please advise.

Thanks,
Natraj

Pune Forum

Our Global Partners