Join now

Job Opportunities (Quito)

Hello everyone!

I was hoping someone might me able to point me in the right direction for finding a job here in Quito. I am open to all sorts of positions! Let me tell you a bit about my background.

I graduated from Penn State Schreyer's Honors College with a BS in Community Environment and Development (Economic and Environmental Policy option), a BS in International Studies, and a BA in Spanish. After college I worked for a non-profit microlender (microfinane organization/CFDI) for one year in which I was a project coordinator for 2 area immigrant business associations (Dominican and Brazilian, non-English speaking). Then I worked for a few months as a lifeguard (something I've done since high school) while taking the GREs/applying to grad school/applying to a new full time job. I then worked full time at a non-profit organization in Philadelphia who helps low-income clients complete benefit applications over the phone (think casual call center). Now I am here in Quito looking for a job!

Since graduating from Penn State I also earned a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell (online), completed a Permaculture Design Course, and became a Certified Medical Interpreter.

I recently completed a language evaluation at Inlingua and received a rating of Level 4 Spanish and Level 5 English.

i am especially interested in environmental/community development/agricultural fields but am literally open to anything! I appreciate any and all suggestions!

Thank you,
Laura DiGiulio

Quito Forum