Join now

Moving to Quito. NGO or University/Teaching Jobs?

Hi. I am moving to Quito in January Protected content my partner has a couple of years more of law school to finish at USFQ. I have been to Quito and Ecuador numerous times in the past 3 years, with the most recently studying and working for my International Development Masters degree at USFQ and working with a small non profit, Centro de Derechos Economicos y Sociales (CDES). Was just curious if anyone in the InterNations Quito had any advice on the job search for Quito. I have a high level of Spanish, just finished my Masters in International Development but also have a Bachelors and Masters in physics. Finally, I also have a TEFL certificate and English teaching abroad experience.

Ideally, I would like to get a job working with a local non-profit or NGO. Does anyone have any good resources on how to start that search? I am ok with using my Physics degrees to teach at a university or high school or if I have to use my TEFL certificate to teach English at an international school or University. Are there any schools, or websites you recommend to look at for that?

Thanks for reading and any responses would be much appreciated!