Join now

Moving to RAK (Ras Al-Khaimah)

Hi all,
We are planning to move to RAK in the coming months. As with everyone, I have lots of questions and I was wondering if someone could help and answer them. It's a big move for our family as my husband is planning to start his business and I will be leaving my well paid job to move to RAK. I would like to know if there are enough activities for children to keep them busy , e.g. dance/ballet lessons or piano tutions etc?? My daughter is going to be 7 soon and she has always had expat friends. She is one of the only 3 Indian children at her school. Rest all are expat kids :) Is there a big expat community??I am worried that RAK will turn out to be an old sleepy town and we will struggle there.I would also like to start working asap, teaching at an International School preferably, as that's what I currently do.
Is it possible to secure a job there??How much would a 2bedroom apartment cost for a month and what are the monthly charges for water, electricity, tele and internet??? Could someone please take out some time and reply please?? Looking forward to your responses.
Thanks,
S

Ras Al-Khaimah Forum

Our Global Partners