Join now

Meet up for coffee? (Reykjavík)

Hi all!

I will be in Reykjavik from the 10th-15th of September and again on the 21st. Would anyone like to join me for coffee (or a drink!) and share your stories about what it is like to work (and find work) in Iceland, learn the language, the most surprising or unexpected aspects of the culture, etc.?

The things that I am most curious about (right now) are the cultural norms surrounding professional work in Iceland: the nuances of networking, resume standards, employer sponsorship of the immigration process, negotiating an offer, workplace culture, etc.

I will be moving to Iceland in about a year from now and my eventual goal is to obtain full citizenship ... seven years of work and residence permits ... the whole shebang!

My career, which I hope to continue in Reykjavik, is in Project Coordination/Planning/Quality Management for structural civil engineering projects (specifically bridge, tunnel, and marine structures). I also have some experience in technical editing (in English) for client-oriented proposals and project deliverables.

Thanks for reading. Best wishes to all!
Rebecca

Reykjavík Forum

Our Global Partners