Join now

housing (Rio de Janeiro)

My family and I will be moving to RIo in January Protected content my husband already moved but we can't because I'm 8 months pregnanat), so Ì want to know which are the best neibourghoods to live with 2 girls (the oldest is going to be a year and a half and the other only 1 month!).

I`ve been to Rio in October for home search, and every body told me Barra was the best place to live with small kids. I liked it, specially Golden Green, but I hate the idea that on rush hours it can take an 1 1/2 hour to get to city town where my husband work. Also it`s less "carioca" than Leblon or Ipanema. My husband lived in Ipanema for 6 months in Protected content we got married, and I loved the area. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to have parks or other areas where you can hang arround with small children, and the appartments doesn't have many infraestructure for kids as the ones on Barra, so I`m confused and don`t know what to do... I prefer to live in Leblon or Ipanema but I don`t know if once there I won`t know where to take my litlle ones (don`t want to be locked in the appartment all day, because where I live now I have a big garden with swimming pool and lots of space to play).

Any advice would be really apreciated!!!