Join now

Visa-Uniao Estavel (Rio de Janeiro)

Dear All

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice. This is currently my situation I'm an Irish national living in Brasil since July Protected content . Currently still on a tourist visa which is due to expire in a few days.

I'm in a relationship with a Brazilian national who I met in Ireland 4 years ago we have all the relevant documentation to apply for Uniao Estavel apart from the registered Uniao Estavel at the Cartorio. The reason being that I still don't know if I want to settle here in Brasil and need a bit more time to decide about this and feel it would be unfair for my partner to commit to a Uniao Estavel if I decide to go back to Ireland. Uniao Estavel is basically like getting married here.

We have also been going to the Policia Federal for the last 5 months and nobody seems to know whats going on. We finally got some good advice and were told that we would have to get Uniao Estavel at the Cartorio before going to PF and starting the process there. I thought that we would apply to PF first and then they would grant Uniao Estavel therefore giving us a bit more time but this is not the case.

My question is can I apply for Uniao Estavel if I am illegal? I would really appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks in advance.
Jane

Rio de Janeiro Forum

Our Global Partners