Join now

Caution - housing scam in Riyadh

Hi All,
In my search for a Riyadh apartment I was exposed to a scam, and want all of you to know about it.

In hindsight, it was too good to be true - a 2 bed roomed Olaya apartment all inclusive for SAR Protected content as this chap was abroad in Edinburgh and wanted to offset his costs.

Per this chap Paul..... Photos here (real and actual pictures): Protected content .....
then he wanted to receive 2 months rental and 1 months security as an upfront payment. He then wanted me to pay Transglobal Express ( on a bogus link but looked very real) the SAR Protected content went into this convoluted solution to sending me keys and the contract to view apartment.

Long story short is it's a confirmed scam (see below) and please do not fall for it.

Best , Andrew

PS: I am still looking and appreciate any leads.

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your email.
I can confirm that this is a fraudulent website and not a service that Transglobal Express offer.
Thank you for supplying the below link. This website has now been suspended due to this.
Our correct websites are Protected content , Protected content and Protected content
We are a freight forwarder and so only offer courier service and would not guarantee goods, apartments, tickets etc
You would also only make payments through our website by card or paypal and we would not ask you to make any payments to an individual through Western Union.
If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us
Kind regards,
Emma

Unit 5, The Gateway,
Wirral International Business Park,
Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3NX

Riyadh Forum