Join now

Alternatives to Rome ??

Hello everyone,

and Happy New Year!

I grew up in Rome but moved away 20 years ago : lately I have been looking into coming back, and although I love Rome, I am not sure I can handle the intense traffic and general chaos... (must be the side effects of age! I enjoy quiet and greenery!). However, I have a 4 year old son (single parent), and while I am keeping Rome as my primary focus (mostly for its practical/international dimension), I am also considering alternative options of small cities that have more countryside, such as Perugia, Siena, Orvieto, Spoleto.... (I'm not too sure about the Castelli Romani area, too "suburban Rome" perhaps?)

For those of you who have either lived in any of these places, of considered moving there, or DREAM of moving towards the countryside, which place would you chose and why?

I admit that I am at a loss as to which way to head and would be eternally grateful to those who can share some insight from their own past or present considerations.

Meanwhile, next time I am in Rome I hope to be able to attend an InterNation's gathering and meet some of you in person.

Thank you for your time,
Kore

Rome Forum

Our Global Partners