Join now

My new web adventure I want to share with you (Rome)

Hello everybody,

I want to share with you the new web adventure I am starting in these days.

After several years of web activity in meeting and helping travelers to Rome, through many forums and sites, I have joined a new promising start-up made by three Dutch guys based in Utrecht.

Even if the site is really simple, I liked their spirit and their interactions with members, so I took the chance of my latest trip to Holland to meet them and to spend some time with them. You can see them with some good carbonara I made for them at Protected content

The concept is simple and for sure not revolutionary, but still it reflects my personal idea of what traveling means: having interactions with local people and discovering the best their place can offer.

The site is Protected content and for now there are few people. I am the only active person in Rome, and this already made me meet some cool people. Differently for the more popular hospitality sites, where the average traveler is in their 20s, here I have found families, professionals, and people of every kind who are interested in tips from a local, and to meet up for a short tour of the city.

Important to say that the site is a no-profit and all services people offer are completely free, and that I am not going to receive any kind of compensation for promoting them here. It's just a pleasure for me to help such nice people and to show how hospitable the Romans ('real' locals but also expats living here) can be.

If you also like to meet travelers coming to our beautiful city, you can join the site at Protected content to become a local guide!

Rome Forum

Our Global Partners