Join now

Brief visit to San Diego

Hi Internations San Diego! I just arrived in Irvine from Manila to visit my only daughter Lizette who is finishing her MA in Leadership Studies at Vanguard U in Costa Mesa and is residing temporarily in Irvine. I haven't been to San Diego although I lived in California (Palo Alto) as a student for 6 years before. So this is a good time to visit SD on Tuesday this week for 2 nights. Lizette is driving for us from here in irvine. We are now looking for a good and safe place to stay in that will also make me in touch with one or more Internations members there. I will be happy also to give a short talk with PPT at any forum on how we are preparing for climate change (CC) in the Philippines as I'm heading our TOWNS (The Outstanding Women in the Nation's Service) Fdn IC3--Info Caravan on CC, a nationwide program that we just launched in Manila. We've a team of women experts on geology, oceanography, and other CC-related risks. I talk about CC risk mgt and some best practices in the Philippines. For the fun part, I'd like to visit the zoo (which I heard is the best in the world), an artists' area (I paint and do photography altho I've a simple,light S95 Canon only in this trip), gardens, farms--I'm an environmentalist with ambition to be a farmer--all in 2 nights and 3 days. I will stay in Irvine after until Nov. 6 evening to return to Manila, where I will be happy to be of help also to any Internations SD member who will go there in the future. My email address is Protected content , which I can open until tomorrow noon for any feedback on this rush rush SD visit. Thanks to anyone who will care to get in touch with us to help make this brief visit to SD memorable enough. I know this is a shot in the dark but I was quite lucky when I did something like this when I visited Saigon-Cambodia last January with 3 lady friends. An Internations member based there, who is in the travel industry and who happened to be a Filipina, too, was such a great help in making our trip a most enjoyable and memorable one.

San Diego Forum

Our Global Partners