Associate/Investment professional in SF area (San Francisco)
Rare opportunity to join a startup VC fund in the field of robotics. Grishin Robotics is a global investment company with a mission of advancing innovation in robotics for the mass consumer market. Grishin Robotics is focused on investing in personal robotics technologies in areas such as home maintenance, healthcare, entertainment and transportation. The firm is led by Dmitry Grishin, co-founder of Mail.ru Group. For more information, or to submit your company for investment consideration, visit Protected content .
Important: We are looking for US permanent residents to fill this position. Native or highly proficient Russian language is highly desirable.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities through outbound calling in predefined market segments and newly discovered segments
2. Conducting investment due diligence activity
a. Evaluate opportunities for investment, evaluate investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation
b. Business model research
c. Financial modeling
d. Preparing full due diligence books for evaluation by Investment Committee and/or Advisory Board and coordinating their activity in evaluating potential investments.
e. Perform various commercial due diligence activities of entrepreneur’s project: perform financial evaluations of investment opportunities, perform market research, evaluate market attractiveness, and perform investment risk assessment, etc.
3. Managing negotiations with owners and management of target companies.
4. Conduct various work activities related to supporting entrepreneurs in the pre- and post-funding activities.
5. Facilitate relationships with venture capital firms, entrepreneurs and consulting groups.
6. Develop and deliver presentation to management, and clients.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or similar qualification
• An MBA is preferred but not required. Possession of a CFA or CPA is welcome
• 2+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking or VC
• Familiarity with legal and regulatory issues pertaining to business financing and entrepreneurship support is desired
• Experience in financial modeling and fundamental due diligence
• IT/Hi-Tech/Technology background is highly desirable
• Russian / Chinese / French in addition to English proficiency is desirable
• Strong analytical, quantitative as well as business research skills
• Excellent written communication skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
• Highly driven – this is a startup!