Join now

Submit Your Story and Help Pass Immigration Reform (San Francisco)

I've been working for FWD.us, a non profit advocacy group that is trying to bring together tech and politics. Our first goal is to mobilize the tech community to pass comprehensive immigration reform. I'd be happy to provide more information about FWD.us, if anyone would like.

Alongside our social media campaign at app.fwd.us/stories, where we are highlighting the contributions of immigrants in the tech world in order to personalize the issue for members of Congress, we are hosting a contest at SXSW. Once you share your story, your friends and family can then tweet/share and on behalf of your story to their member of Congress. Each advocacy action gives the submitter "action points." The story with the most action points will win a seat on a panel with Steve Case at SXSW. To enter the contest, you must already be attending SXSW.

It could be really cool publicity for a smaller company because we will have 2 winners, one from a company smaller than 20 people, and one for companies larger than 20.

Even if you are not going to SXSW and cannot enter the contest, any immigrant should really submit their story because it is such a personal way to contribute to the betterment of this country. Help us pass immigration reform. If you have any questions, please email me at Protected content

San Francisco Forum

Our Global Partners