Join now

Fish Out of Water needing assistance (San José)

Hello. Need assistance from helpful souls let me know the ropes and are willing to share their experience and advise as soon as possible. After 19 years in the military and 15 on a fire department I never saw myself leaving my country of origin. In March I supported my mother and father to Nicaragua for a week vacation with concerns for their safety in mind. Believing I would never return to Central America for any reason I decided to take a look at Costa Rica since I was in the neighborhood. Besides the incredible landscape and wonderful way of life I met a living reason that convinced me to make the move. Apparently my many years on this Big Blue Marble have not allowed me to yet shed the ability to throw caution to the wind. I cashed in what little I had accumulated in life and purchased a home in Aserri and had all my belongings shipped here. But living reason to move has since disappeared. Now I find myself with an immense desire to stay here and not return to the states however I need some Direction to make that happen. I am not a retiree which makes a little bit more difficult without residency. If there is anyone out there that can give me advice on finding employment as well as an affordable apartment or small home to rent in Alajuela your assistance would be invaluable. I do have the equipment and experience in welding which I would be willing to trade for your time and effort can you guided me towards a path of making Costa Rica my permanent home. Please respond to this if this sounds like something you are willing to help with. Since time is of the essence for me, if it's not too inconvenient, please give me a call Protected content
Pura Vida
Bria

San José Forum

Our Global Partners