Join now

Help - SJO / internet cafe or business center?? (San José)

Views

Hello everyone --

Help very much appreciated as our work is being interrupted!

My partner and I live in Sabanilla and work on the internet from our house.

Because of a language mixup we lost ICE internet service. This is absolutely //catastrophic// for our work as we have a full week ahead of us with Skype meetings, web development work, and team collaboration for her business.

We can't reinstall the internet because ICE estimates it will take Protected content . We are going to try Tigo cable internet on Monday.

We do have Kolbi cell service with data, but our house is located in a very poor reception area and so internet is not reliable enough to work.

You might be able to help us:

Are there good internet cafes in San Jose or Sabanilla, or some kind of business center or amenable restaurant, that would be good for reliably working Protected content including Skype calls? Ideally we need a calm and private environment for calls. Either wifi or ethernet connections and we can use our laptops. And we can certainly pay a reasonable hourly rate.

A restaurant or other location that has excellent cell reception might also help us, as long as we can be there on our laptops all day.

I have spent a couple of hours on the internet (when i can get online) searching "internet cafe san jose" or "wifi san jose" and am going in circles, with listings out of date, wrong phone numbers, no address, close businesses, etc.

Any ideas anyone can offer would be great. And I can drive around to potential candidate cafes or business centers or restaurants if I know their exact location.

THANKS
- Will
Protected content
text to Protected content

San José Forum

Our Global Partners