Join now

Looking for employment opportunities (San José)

Hello everyone! I'm excited to have been able to join this organization and hope it will provide me with some good connections and friendships.

I have been here in Costa Rica for 7 months now and am residing near the Jaco/Hermosa area. I am here with my common law husband who continues to travel back and forth to Alberta for his work. We decided to try living here for a year to determine if it is something we would like to continue with.

I have taken an educational leave from my employment and am currently taking a university course online in Int'l Community Development. My employment background is in Human Services and I have extensive involvement in the Social Work field.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or information on agencies/organizations that may be interested in hiring me? I realize that I would need an employer to facilitate a work visa for me. On the flip side, I am not adverse to looking at new opportunities that might avail themselves either. We have considered several potential business ideas, but they remain just thoughts and ideas at this time.

Any feedback will be welcomed!

Thanks,
Angela

San José Forum