Join now

San Jose Preschools and neighborhoods? (San José)

Views

Hello!

This is my first post to this forum, so I hope I am posting in the right place. I have a lot of questions! I will be moving from the US to the San Jose area next fall around October with two young children. I'm wondering about neighborhoods, preschools, and play groups for children.

From what I have read, I think we would like San Antonio de Escazu. It sounds like a quieter neighborhood, more of a rural feel, but still with public transport and a reasonable commute to work in San Jose (I wonder if this is accurate?). We can't be too far from San Jose (my husband will be commuting in and out each day), but we hope to find something in a safe neighborhood, hopefully with other young families so my kids can make friends, and hopefully in a beautiful location that feels worlds away from US city living! Advice appreciated!!

Also, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some area preschools? I wouild also appreciate any advice about how hard it will be to obtain spots in a school if the year has already started, as we won't arrive until October. I'll have an almost 3 year old and almost 5 year old by then. I would like something bilingual (or trilingual), though not Spanish immersion for my 3 year old b/c of some speech delays.

Finally, is it easy to find other moms with young children? I hope that I could find some playgroups, or start them, but I don't know if most children around Protected content old are home with parents, with nannies, or in school. I'm wondering what it will be like to be a stay-at-home mom in a new country.

Thank you so much for any help on any of the above topics!

Sarah

San José Forum

Our Global Partners