Join now

Best way to find a new job is to network! (Santiago de Chile)

Views

As many of you may remember I posted about the English Club back in January. I am here to formally invite you to an ENGLISH CLUB group meeting, March 15th, beginning at 630pm. We are going to have a bbq so please bring anything you want to throw on the grill/and or a side dish, and of course your favorite beverage.(non alcoholic please)

For those of you who did not read the original post let me introduce myself by saying, I am new to this forum and am looking for some intelligent interesting NATIVE ENGLISH speakers to help me with my students. This will COST you NOTHING but your time, thoughts and native tongue! I recently attended one of the dinner events hosted by Internations and I loved it, but the atmosphere is not quite conducive for learning, as my students are fluent, but not advanced to the level of speaking over loud music at a bar with many natives. My idea is to offer them a little more relaxing atmosphere…and offer YOU a chance to speak candidly with native Chileans!
So here is my plan…and I hope it will include you!! As a teacher I would like to offer my adult English students an opportunity to feel like they are in an English Speaking country by providing them with an all Native English speaker environment a few afternoon/evenings out of each month. I am looking for Native English speakers to come together for conversation, sharing of ideas, including presentations, and of course dinner followed by activities! The idea of the group is for interesting and intelligent native English speakers living here in Chile meet with my students, in one of many locations,i.e. private residences, restaurants, and patio areas offered by my students. This is your time to share your ideas and stories with a captive audience. Each of my students understand that it is essential for their improvement to surround themselves with Native English Speakers, however that is difficult living here in South America, so I am trying to create the perfect place for them and that is where YOU come in. I am looking for people of all professions and trades who would like to share their interesting lives, ideas, or stories. This can be a great way for you to make friends and network as well as helping these Professional Adults practice their English. There will definitely be some language exchange in the future, but for now the focus is for them to learn how to speak better while helping you make more connections in this great big city. I do not expect anyone who wants to attend to teach, all I ask is that you always maintain patience and understanding as this meeting is designed to help my students feel more comfortable when speaking English, and learn how to listen and speak more fluently in crowds of natives. IF this sounds interesting to you and you would like to contribute your life, work, stories and ideas, or you are just looking for something to do a few nights out of the month then please join us! The meeting is FREE and open for any ideas! I need you, your brain and your ENGLISH language. ALL native English speakers are welcome. The more cultures and accents the better so if you are interested you can also invite your friends too. If you are a teacher and would like to bring your students please let me know.

IF this sounds good for you please send me a message or respond to this post. I will contact you with an address and directions as well as your confirmation for the event!

Please contact me NO LATER than March 11th Protected content ensure your space.

If you have ANY questions or comments about the upcoming event feel free to ask!!
Thanks again so much for your interest and we look forward to meeting you!

Donnaire

Santiago de Chile Forum

Our Global Partners