Join now

Collective power of grassroots self-organisation (Santiago de Chile)

Views

I am a community psychologist and community organiser moving to Santiago at the beginning of February Protected content . I am looking for work and for inspiring projects to get involved with. I believe in the collective power of grassroots self-organisation, as well as specifically in the unused potential that is to be found in public spaces.

I am very interested in and critical about the effect of our environment on our behaviour, our feelings and our thoughts. I am passionate about the role of everyday culture, politics, public spaces and architecture on people’s emotional well-being, on individual and community healing.

I have also been working with the ‘organisation workshop’ (‘laboratorio organizacional’/ 'capacitacion masiva') method of collective self-organisation based on the activity of the individual and the social psychology of large groups. I am interested in bringing this method to Chile as it has been shown to me on many occasions that local communities in Chile can benefit tremendously from such an approach to facilitate and unlock self-organising of people in local communities which through building consciousness and stimulating collective action has the power to challenge existing power relations.

Please if you share some of these interests, or know of any people who do, or organisations where they have similar values and ways of working, please send me a message, I will genuinely appreciate it.

Thank you.

Santiago de Chile Forum

Our Global Partners