Join now

getting settled / temp residency visa (Santiago de Chile)


greetings all :) :)

i will be arriving in district X (puerto varas/puerto montt) mid november and understand that it is preferable to apply for the temporary resident visa of the one year variety in the actual district you will be living .... yes ??

i will be applying for the pensioner version of the visa, and my question is concerning the documents . i am in peru currently, and will have the documents mailed to me once i get an address in district X ....... soooooo what type of process will i need to go through to get these things ready to present with the application since they will not be 'officially legalized' from the states ???

thank you very much for any tips and info , meli

Santiago de Chile Forum