Join now

southward ho !!! (Santiago de Chile)

Views

greetings :) :) i am planning to retire to the lakes district and any information about this would be very helpful.

i have been living in peru for 4 years so am a little familiar with some things ;) ;)

need to learn of any resident type cards / visas.

also need to learn if i will be able to open a bank account and obtain internet and cell phone services with my passport . i currently have a good contract with nextel in cusco so am going to ask them if i have any options :) :)

also wondering about housing and/or space for a small business costs and types of contracts available

i am arriving in puerto varas for a visit on the 20th of august for 8 days :) :) so am planning to look around and get some general information during that time and then return in a couple of months for good !!

i need to mention that i will not be looking for 'work' :D :D only perhaps opening a small snack shop / internet cafe / mailing center / gathering place in the puerto varas area :) :)

i understand that obtaining a year long visa is possible with proof of means and that the process might even be somewhat easier in the 'provinces'
thanks in advance for any suggestions
peace, meli

Santiago de Chile Forum

Our Global Partners