Join now

Work contract while visa being processed (Santiago de Chile)

Hi everyone,

I have a job offer and my subject-to-contract Visa has been approved. I have permission slip to work while my Visa is being processed (could be up to 2 months).
However, my employer wants to draw me up a contract ASAP and cannot do this unless I have my RUT number.
I lived in Chile last year and had a Student Visa and RUT number, however the student Visa has explred. Does anyone know if I will have the same RUT number for when I am finally issued a new cedula?

Thanks in advance!

Santiago de Chile Forum