Join now

A short fiction meeting this Friday...TOMORROW! (São Paulo)

Hey guys! Talking with Liz and Eloise, we came to the conclusion we would not have time to read and discuss a book before the year ends...Everybody has different things going on (trips, etc), so, I was wondering if you guys are up for a short reading meeting.
When: this Friday 18th, tomorrow!
Where: Casa das Rosas café (avenida Paulista 37, back)
Time: 7:30 p.m.

I thought of reading this
Protected content
Author: David Herbert (D. H.) Lawrence is one of the most versatile and influential figures in the 20th-century literary canon. Best known for his novels, Lawrence was also an accomplished poet, short story writer, essayist, critic, and travel writer. The controversial themes for which he is remembered?namely the celebration of sensuality in an over-intellectualized world?and his relationship with censors sometimes overshadow the work of a master craftsman and profound thinker.

Or this
Protected content
Author: Neil Gaiman. First of all, he is so damn good-looking. hahahaha. Neil Gaiman is an extraordinarily imaginative writer who works in a variety of formats, writing graphic novels (or, book-length comics), short stories, novels, children's books, and scripts for television and films. His works are classified in a number of different genres, from horror to fantasy to science fiction, and often he jumps from one genre to another within a single work. Gaiman understands the conventional rules of writing fiction, particularly comic books, but he rarely follows such rules, choosing instead to pursue the winding paths of his imagination. Gaiman has achieved rock-star status among his millions of fans, and is best known for his Sandman series of comic books. Gaiman has also achieved success with a novella, or short novel, for young adults, titled Coraline. The novel earned a number of prestigious awards, including the Hugo and Nebula awards for outstanding works of science fiction and fantasy, and the Bram Stoker award, which is given to exceptional works of horror.

Or maybe this one sent by Liz
Protected content
"I read this article/short story by Truman Capote, years ago, and suddenly thought about it the other night after you left. It is about Marlon Brando and I just found it so beautifully and simply written. I haven't read any of Truman Capote's novels, but I really like his short stories", Liz.

São Paulo Forum

Our Global Partners