Join now

Apt/Flat in Itaim Bibi - Oct onward. (São Paulo)

Hi all,
I moving to Sao Paulo from NYC and would be there for a year or more.
I work in the banking sector. I am single and looking for a 1BR flata/apt.

I will be flying to SP in the last week of Sept and I am looking to get a headstart on the "flat"/apt hunt.

After much discussion with my fellow work mates, its seems like Itaim Bibi is the best place for me since its walking distance to work and a good area. I am not looking to drive initially which seems to have general consensus.

1) Does anyone have any leads for a 1BR starting Oct (anytime in Oct is fine). I can stay in hotel until then.

2) I am planning to stay at the "sol melia jardim europa" in the first week or two. Its close to work and seems to make most sense.

3) Lastly, since my company take care of the move, I was thinking of getting my furniture like Bed, flatscreen, iMac desktop and music system.
Is that a good idea?

4) Lastly and certainly not the least, typically what is the difference between furnished and unfurnished places in term of rent? Is it worth lugging around all the furniture from here when I can find some good furnished apt?

Thanks a lot. Appreciate your time and I am looking forward to becoming a active part on this forum.

Muito Obrigado,