Join now

English school for sale (São Paulo)

Hi guys, I hope you are well. The reason I am posting is because my family and I are moving back to England in a couple of months, our son is coming up to 4 years old and we want him to have an education there. As a result I am looking at our options for the English school which I own.

The school is a small business with a great bunch of students.

The school turns over about R$10,000 per month with out goings being about R$ Protected content , taxes etc…). With me and my wife teaching about 15 hours a week each, we earn about R$ Protected content month profit.

It is a great little business and with us going back to England, it seems a real shame just to close the school. My question is would anyone be interested in taking over?

In the school we rent 2 classrooms in a building near UNIP Ancieta (zona sul). The total rent is R$ Protected content month. We have an accountant that sorts all of our finances each month. He costs R$300 per month and we pay about R$600 in taxes.

We work in small groups of up to 6 students but the average is about 3 students. The majority of the classes are held at the school but we do have an In company contract near Vila Olympia Protected content , once a week. We run a 6 month contract where student pay R$ Protected content R$ Protected content (kids) per month for 2 hours of classes per week. We teach both general and business English

The school has about R$ Protected content capital in equipment such as (chairs, boards, air conditioning units, shelves and draws etc...), we also have signs, logos, flyers and a website ( Protected content ) already developed.

My idea would be for someone to take the school as is and make any changes they see fit. One advantage you would have is that there are lots of untapped students in the area. We are surrounded by different businesses both national and multi-national (Whirlpool, Festo, Brasil Kirin for example). There is also UNIP just up the road. Because I have been running the business single handedly and because of my limited Portuguese, I haven't had the opportunity to access these potential students. I think this is something that could really make the school grow if you were able to put some time and effort into it.

So to the important part - money. My preference is to sell the school for a lump sum (one payment). But I would be willing to do something like a deposit and then monthly installments. We are asking for offers in the region of R$20, Protected content price reflects the capital and potential future earnings (we have R$10,000 per month worth of students contracted for the next 5 months).

Please rest assured I am not greedy, if the right person was interested in the school, we would be flexible to make things work. The school is a great business for someone to build up further. This is not a scam or anything like this. We would just like to hand the school over to someone who will care for the students and we would like to have a little money to walk away with.

Feel free to contact me anytime or come and visit the school.

Thanks for you time guys,

Best wishes

Matt

Protected content
Protected content

São Paulo Forum