Join now

Hiking Weekend (May30-Jun2)...Interested? (São Paulo)

Hey Guys,

This coming long weekend, I would really like to get out of the urban jungle. I am considering heading to the Mantiqueira Mountain range from Thursday to Sunday morning. In order to make this work, I would need at least Protected content people who confirm by Tuesday May 28th at Noon. I'll need to make reservations at the pousada for us. (I have a few options in case a couple are full.) We would get in 2.5 days of good hiking while staying at a cute little pousada tucked in the mountainside. Imagine just birds and the rustle of tree leaves. Yes, this actually does exist in some places.

I know the trails well and have been here numerous times before. The idea will be to reach the summit, but at a speed that everyone is comfortable with. No mountaineering experience needed, just some good hiking shoes, a positive attitude and a big smile now and then.

Here is the important info. Let me know if you're interested and we'll make it happen.

Distance: 4 Hour Drive to Trailhead
Schedule:
May Protected content - 8am to Piquete & Afternoon Warm-up Hike
May Protected content All day hiking
June Protected content All day hiking
June Protected content Relax during the morning and return to Sao Paulo early before the traffic hits hard.

Costs: We'd split all the transportation costs equally (4 days car rental, gasoline, tolls), but the rest is up to you. Here are some sample expenses:

- Lodging includes breakfast:
R$40 in tent (bring your own or provided by the pousada)
R$50 Dormitory (i.e bunk beds)
R$60 Double Sweet (depends on availability)
- All you can eat huge meals at the pousada: R$21/meal
- Trail food for the weekend: R$50

São Paulo Forum

Our Global Partners