new in SP (São Paulo)
I will be moving to SP in July, relocating with my family from Europe. Until then, I will be there every two weeks starting in April. We have visited for a week and researched the internet quite a lot so I think we have some idea of what to expect and what to look for. Nevertheless we do still have some questions, and were hoping to find answers within the local expat community!
We have many questions, but if you each answer one or two we may get to the end of the list ;-)
- Neighborhoods/security: Jardims Paulista/Paraiso/Villa Mariana seem to be our choice, are there any specifics?
- We are looking for a flat (upscale-ish), we have found axpe.com and Luxury Estate.com, are there any other websites you would recommend?
- How can we get in contact with a maid? Are there agencies for this? What is the cost for a full-time maid?
- How can we contact babysitters?
- How much in average does a family of 3 spend on food monthly?
- How much is electricity/water/internet… monthly?
- How do your young children go to school?
- How long would it take by car in the morning rush hours from Jardims Paulista to Villa Mariana?
- How long would it take by car in the morning rush hours from Jardims Paulista to Brooklin?
- (I don’t mean to offend anyone; it’s just that it’s a new world for us!) Do spouses drive? Or rather take taxis?
- Car safety: bullet-proof car: really?
• Visas: can spouses gain a work permit if the husband is a registered administrator of the company/sits on BoD ?
Many thanks for your help, looking forward to this adventure!