In this post I will provide general information about renting flat in Sao Paulo. I'm working in this business for over a year.
* Difference between flat and apartment
Apartment for rent and flat its not the same.
Apartments are usually unfurnished and owners asking for long deals Protected content . To rent apartment usually you need to have bank insurance, and that's really not easy to get by foreigner. In good regions (Jardins, Av Paulista, Bela Vista, Vila Madalena ...) prices are starting from about Protected content + ~300 R$ condominium + IPTU (~100R$) / month.
Flats are generally solution for persons which staying in Sao Paulo for less than one year. You don't need any documents (just passport), and you can move in "today". In most of the cases you can rent the flat only by real estate agency.
* Minimal rent: Usually 1 month - depends on agency and flat owner.
* Deposit: I'm taking only Protected content . Some agencies asking asking to pay 2 first rents on entrance.
In good regions for studio/one bedroom you will need to pay between Protected content Protected content . Its also possible to find fine quality flat for Protected content but generally that's very hard and depends on period, availability and luck. For Protected content you can get really nice apartment.
Two bedrooms and duplex you can get for minimum Protected content . High quality 65 sqm duplex with totally everything included will cost you Protected content .
* Water bill: Included in condominium.
* Electricity: You need to pay your self. Its quiet cheap. Living alone I was paying 20 R$ /m. With girl about Protected content .
* Internet: In apartments for over Protected content usually included in condominium. Others asking for about 70R$/month or to make own deal with provider (~100R$). Generally working slow (1 mbps). If you have Brasileiro friend he can take for you 3G Internet for about Protected content .
* Laundry: usually you need to pay extra (per kilo, per each, per person ...).
* Room cleaning: usually included in price.
* Administrative tax: First rent is usually 30% higher than others. Administrative tax (received by agency) might be % or fixed price Protected content for example).
* IPTU: Urban tax ~100R$. Should be included in price!
* Condominium: Water, security, building maintenance etc. Depending on building quality Protected content . Should be also included in price.
Unfortunately in last 12 months rents goes about Protected content / month up so don't be angry if friends will tell you last year they rented same apartment for same price.
So ... that's basic information. If you need any more information, or you simply need a flat contact with me at: Protected content or call Protected content .