Great English teaching posts available - Sept 2011 (Seattle)
INTERLINK Language Centers
Technical and Vocational Training Colleges
EFL Instructional Positions for Men
(Positions for females are listed at Protected content
Starting September Protected content
For more than three decades, INTERLINK ( Protected content ). has been offering intensive English language training, academic preparation and cultural orientation to students, scholars and professionals from around the world at U.S. universities. Since Protected content , it has also been operating EFL programs at Al Yamamah University in Riyadh.
Now, INTERLINK has been awarded a contract by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) of Saudi Arabia, which oversees Colleges of Technology in the Kingdom, to prepare its graduates linguistically to function in the workplace (primarily offices) where they will be writing reports, keeping records, communicating with others by phone, email, text, and explaining their roles, activities, and rationale for decisions and actions to others. The program will take place at eight different Colleges of Technology in the Kingdom (Riyadh, Jeddah, Medinah, Khamis Mushait, Ha’il, Buridah, Dammam, and Al Ahsa), during two 21-week semesters per year.
2. 10 great reasons to work at TVTC/Interlink:
1. Live in the lap of luxury in sunny Saudi Arabia in free, luxurious expat housing very close to school, with free company-provided transport and a return flight
2. Teach a cutting-edge curriculum based on the latest pedagogic research, and receive a thorough induction and close ongoing academic support
3. Be supported by cutting edge technology including computer labs, online learning systems, student laptop access in class, wifi and computer-operated projectors in every classroom (some also with Interactive Whiteboards)
4. Line your bank account with an excellent tax-free salary and benefits
5. Have excellent promotion opportunities in a rapidly-expanding program
6. Teach young Saudi students who are fun, friendly, and respectful and help them to achieve their dreams
7. Live a convenient, modern lifestyle with lots of malls selling every product you could want including Western products
8. Enjoy working at a reputable, prestigious organization where teaching quality and attractive, modern facilities are emphasized
9. Use Saudi as a launch-pad to visit other Middle Eastern countries on short, inexpensive local flights
10. Teach regular office hours and have the evenings and weekends off
3. Minimum Qualifications
Candidates for these positions must have:
o an undergraduate degree (BA/BS) or its equivalent
o TESOL certificates (CELTA, SIT, or equivalent)
o ESL/EFL teaching experience with adult learners
o strong computer skills and preferably CMS experience
o 20 hours of weekly instruction, plus 10 hours' supervision of on-line student lab work
o Learning and using an online learning system called Claroline
o Class preparation, record keeping, grading, and written reports on student progress
o Initial placement testing of students
o Keeping office hours for meetings with students
o Participation in faculty meetings, committees, and on- and off-campus activities
5. Salary, benefits and terms
o $35, Protected content salary per annum, commensurate with experience. This is a very competitive salary in ESL in Saudi Arabia.
o Salary and benefits will be paid for a 12-month contract Sept 01st, Protected content 31st, Protected content . (classes run Sept 10th, Protected content 11th, Protected content .
o Instructors get 45 days paid vacation at the end of the contract period plus 5 days for Eid Al Adha (religious holiday) and 5 days break between semesters.
o Round-trip transportation to and from Saudi Arabia
o Furnished housing (2/3 bedroom apartments to be shared by two instructors) or a SAR30,000 housing allowance for singles not wishing to share an apartment (SAR40,000 for married couples). Married couples may receive air tickets for up to three dependents (spouse and two children) but the cost of visa, etc. will be the employee’s responsibility.
o $500 re-location allowance (dependent on submission of receipts)
o Medical insurance, with 10% co-pay
o Local transportation to and from the campus (or SAR Protected content month for those who cannot use the College’s bus or van)
o 5% end-of-service bonus for contract completion
o Contracts may be renewed contingent upon instructors’ performance and continuation of the program.
6. How to apply
Please send the following to Protected content
a) A cover letter explaining your reasons for want to teach at INTERLINK/TVTC
b) Your CV with qualifications and dates and places of employment
c) Two reference letters from individuals that know you well professionally.
In the SUBJECT field please write “TVTC Application + instructor + last name + first name", and also please mention how you heard about the vacancy.
Qualified applicants who do not hear from us are asked to resend their application materials as the materials may not have been received. Interviews are done by Skype video call.