Join now

Nice to meet you / I need help (Seattle)

Views

Hello everyone!
My name is Tobias Langenbach, I am 29 years old and live in Germany`s capital, Berlin. I work as a journalist, more precisely: as a capital-correspondent for a daily regional newspaper.

I do not know if I have picked the right forum, but anyway: I hope that you are nice people and that you can help me!;-)

In Protected content did an internship at the Makah Native American - reservation in Neah Bay, Clallam County - and I completely fell in love with this region of the world, the beautiful countryside, the people living there. In Protected content made many new friends - all of them are still there.I try to visit regularly - many of those who lived in Neah Bay now live in Seattle.

I just came back from a wonderful Seattle-holiday and thought about - guess what; Protected content . It has been in me for several years now, but I feel that now is the time to get things started, to start this journey.

The only thing: Getting a visa (or even a Greencard) is very difficult, I think. My friends keep telling me that I should try for a work-visa, meaning to find an employer who is willing to hire me.

With this entry I wanted to ask your for you help. I guess at least a few of you have had the same story to tell, the same challenges to face and the same hopes - and fears - as I have now. I would be really grateful for any suggestions where to start, what to do, how to get organized in a effective way etc...Is it even possible to immigrate to Seattle or am I just a daydreamer? Perhaps one of you already has some experience he or she is willing to share with me. Again: I would be really grateful for any help I can get. Maybe there is even a German group I can ask what to do?

Thank you very much for reading this and for your help! I would love to get into contact with you!
Tobias

Seattle Forum

Our Global Partners