**NOTE: please register at Protected content
Facebook page: faebook: Protected content
Clicking "Join" on facebook event page DOES NOT register you. Register at Protected content
The reason Ride Against Traffick started was to do something to stop sex trafficking in Korea and help those who are vulnerable to being trafficked.
What can a small group of individuals do to stop trafficking in Korea? It seems impossible, but we began with a Seoul to Busan bike ride last year during the monsoon season. This year we did another Seoul to Busan ride ( Protected content ) and NOW we have a one day event and want EVERYONE to be there.
Initially, the vision was to get 1,000 people to show up at the Han River, wear t-shirts and ride bikes for Protected content . That got squashed by the Han River people... until the Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) caught wind of what we were doing. The event has turned into a full-blown fall festival on the Ara Lock Bike Path!
This event has the potential to reach far more people than we anticipated and in effect draw far more attention to the plight of orphans and the needs of vulnerable women.
This event will support Oak Tree Project, a scholarship fund for orphans, and House of Hope, a center for single moms and women vulnerable to be trafficked.
The Korea Tour Organization will donate Protected content for every kilometer ridden.
World Human Bridge will donate 10,000 won per participant. If you ride 40 km 30,000 won will go to charity.
1) Biking: Participants can choose to bike 15k, 40k, or 80k. Bike rentals are available for 5,000 won in cash.
**Every cyclist will receive a Black Yak long sleeve event t-shirt.
2) Boating: Kayaking, Yachting, and Bumboating will be available on a first come, first served basis during the event.
3) Family Fun: The whole family is invited to participate. There will be moon bounce castles, traditional Korean performances, musical performances for children, face painting, and balloon animals.
4) BBQ: Top Korean chefs and the Korean Outdoor Barbecue Association will be putting on dinner. The menu includes salad, sausages, meat skewers, chicken, pork, grilled vegetables, odeng (fish cake) skewers, assorted jeon (Korea pancakes), and soft drinks.
5) Performances: There will be performances by a handful of bands and a KPOP singer. The official line-up should be out next week.
TICKETING: Purchase tickets online at Protected content
EVERYONE is invited (not only "foreigners")
**Clicking "Join" on this event page does not get you registered
Biking: 20,000 won
Biking* and BBQ: 35,000 won
Biking*, BBQ, & Camping**: 40,000 won
Children ages Protected content 25,000 won
Children under 7: Free
*Bike rentals are 5,000 won, cash only
**Camping equipment will be provided for free for those who select the camping option
WHERE: Ara Lock Bike Path
- Free shuttle buses will run between Gyeyang Station (게양역) and the event site from 10:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Incheon Subway Line 1; connects to Seoul Subway Line 1 at Bupyeong Station.
- Incheon Airport Express train also stops at Gyeyang Station