English Editor Needed for Korean TV Shows (Seoul)
i-Yuno Media Group is a media localization company with the headquarter located in Korea and branches in Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and USA. We work with multi-national broadcasters like Discovery, SONY, FOX, HBO, MTV, TURNER, DISNEY etc. and take care of their language localization needs which include translation, subtitling, and voice dubbing into various target languages.
Please visit Protected content for more information on what we do.
As we're receiving more localization orders for Korean content, we're looking for FULL-TIME ENGLISH EDITOR who can work with us.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
• To edit English subtitles or scripts for foreign TV shows: drama, reality shows, movies, etc. (mostly Korean or Chinese content that have already been translated into English)
• To give feedback to freelance translators
• For full-time position, there will be a daily quota (number of episodes that need to be edited each day) to be accomplished, and this will create a very high level of time pressure.
• Applicants must possess extensive knowledge of English grammar and have excellent writing skills.
• Applicants must be able to learn to use new software and be comfortable with using it every day.
• If you're hired, for the first month at least, you will need to work at DMC High-tech Industry Centre, located at Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu. After the initial training and adaptation period, you can work from home if you have your own computer and internet connection.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Protected content and make sure your email subject is [FULL-TIME ENGLISH EDITOR] YOUR NAME.
In your application, please clarify:
1. Where you are originally from.
2. Where you currently reside.
3. When you first moved to Korea and how long you are planning to stay in Korea.
4. How good your Korean is, on a scale of Protected content , 10 being native speaker.
5. Your expected monthly salary.