Join now

Female College Students in Seoul

Views

Hello:

My name is Anne Morrison and I am contacting you from Annapolis, MD.

The reason I am contacting you concerns my 20 year old daughter. She attends Penn State University and just got accepted into its Semester Abroad for studies in Seoul this fall. The Penn State program will have her attending Yonsei University, living on campus, and taking classes earning college credits on her Communications major.

As a parent, I always have a huge safety concern, which has been heightened by the recent knife attack on the US Ambassador. I am asking for your honest feedback concerning a lone young American female living in Seoul from August through the December Protected content .

There appears to be conflicting viewpoints here back home, so I thought I would contact some people who are there right now.

I would very much appreciate comments that both myself and my husband could digest regarding:

(a) Living in Seoul these days- -my daughter speaks intermediate Korean.

(b) Young people attitudes towards young American females. I heard it was male chauvinist negative.

(c) Would you have your own daughter live there right now with you back here in the states?

Seoul Forum

Our Global Partners