I've noticed some people here are interested learning Korean and looking for information. Seoul Global Center offers a free Korean language class. Hope this helps some of you :)
Korean Language Course at the Yeoksam Global Village Center
The Yeoksam Global Village Center will begin a new term of free Korean classes
1. Course duration: November 5, Protected content February 28, Protected content 4 months, twice a week)
2. Location: Seminar room in the Yeoksam Global Village Center
3. Registration period: October Protected content ~ Protected content , Protected content
4. Application procedure: There is no placement test for absolute beginners but they are required to visit the center during our business hours (9am to 6pm) to apply. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Applicants need to visit the center in person to take a placement test: reservations are required. Please make a reservation after checking the schedule listed below to choose a test date and time that suits you.
5. Fees: Free of charge (Textbooks must be purchased by students.)
6. Required documents : Alien Registration card, a copy of the applicant’s color photo (size: 3*4cm)
7. Admission will be given on a first-come, first-served basis.
8. Class size: between 10 and 12 students per class
If classes are all full before the application period is over, the applicants will be on a waiting list, if they want. There are sometimes drop-outs during the first two weeks of the course and these spots will be filled with the people from the waiting list in the order they signed up.
To make a reservation for a placement test or for further inquiries, please contact us at Protected content or email to Protected content .
Directions to Yeoksam Global Village Center: Subway line 2, Gangnam station, exit 1Walk straight and you will pass by the Yeoksam Tax Office. Take a right when you reach the Wooribank and walk until you find the BMS Building. We are on the 5th fl of the Yeoksam 1 Cultural Center next to the Pitti Café